Danny Ainge pulled off a blockbuster deal with the Philadelphia Sixers giving up the number one overall pick in this year's draft in the process.
Now Butler is a third-team All-NBA player on top of a three-time All-Star, and the Bulls told him how much they value him at his recent player exit meeting.
It didn't take too long after The Finals ended for some National Basketball Association trade rumors to send social media into a frenzy with the reports of a potential deal with the Boston Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers that would revolve around the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
"The Boston Celtics are planning on acquiring Jimmy Butler", Smith said. Also, the Celtics reportedly passed up on the idea of drafting consensus No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz for Kansas wing Josh Jackson, who is projected to go No. 3 in Thursday's Draft. Right now, the speculation is running wild that the Celtics are looking to trade for Anthony Davis or Jimmy Butler. Butler is expected to decline his 2019-20 player option, so he can join the 2019 free-agent market. Since the star wing has a minimum of two full seasons left, the Bulls could expect a rich haul in return for Butler.
While he may have an uneasy relationship with management and would prefer to be moved, the Bulls won't make a trade unless they get a big haul for him. However, the Celtics and Bulls were unable to come to terms on a suitable deal.
However, it is Jimmy Butler's future with the team that is now up for debate.
- Miles Teller Arrested in San Diego, Released Hours Later
- Meet Brooks Koepka's ACTUAL Girlfriend, Jena Sims
- Iran says missile attack on IS in Syria coordinated with Damascus
- Six-way tie atop US Open leaderboard
- YotaPhone 3 specs leak, probable pricing announced
- Deputy AG Rosenstein set for budget hearing Tuesday
- Hundreds gather for annual Juneteenth celebration at Brandon Park
- Amazon purchase makes grocery wars hotter
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until 8 pm
- Jared Kushner delivers remarks at White House tech summit