In for Anderson steps Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger, who hopes to run her unbeaten streak to 12 when she takes on Justino on July 29 at Honda Center in Anaheim.
Evinger is now on a 7-fight winning streak, most recently submitting Yana Kunitskaya in the second round back in March at Invicta FC 22.
"This is something I've thought about doing - going up to 145 pounds - just to get more competition", Evinger said to UFC.com.
"I'm always training to evolve technically with each fight", she said. "I'm prepared to fight anyone".
"I think I match up better than any of her other opponents", Evinger added, while discussing her bout with Justino. She's been winning her past 10 fights and is an example of how the world rankings should be independent from the UFC's rankings. "I'm extremely happy for Tonya and excited to see what our new flyweights can do with the main event spotlight".
De Randamie refused to fight Cyborg which prompted the UFC to draft in Anderson from Invicta. She will give Cyborg all she can handle.
The UFC featherweight division was kicked off with a fight between former bantamweight champion Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie. Evinger has already defended her championship three times in Invicta FC, defeating Pannie Kianzad, Yana Kunitskaya and Colleen Schneider.
Justino has dominantly won her two UFC scraps, versus Leslie Smith and Lina Lansberg, and hasn't lost a pro MMA bout since her debut in 2005. That July 15 card will now be headlined by Milana Dudieva vs. Mara Romero Borella.
- Sean Spicer: Reporters Ask Snarky Questions at Briefings to 'Become YouTube Stars'
- German parliament to vote on same-sex marriage this week
- What to expect as fixtures of 2017-18 Premier League is out
- Khloe Kardashian's hangover after surprise party
- Gotham Filmstar Donal Logue's Son Gone Missing, Pleads Twitter Followers For Help
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Weds Louise Linton
- Attorney says Steven Avery 'optimistic' following Dassey ruling
- Google Changed Look of its Google News Page An Hour Ago!
- Researchers Develop Microneedle Patch for Flu Vaccination
- Coalition raid kills dozens in eastern Syria