It has eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 6 teraflops of graphics performance and 12GB of GDDR5 RAM. "The majority of our consoles that are sold next year will be [Xbox One] S. That has always been the plan", Spencer said. However, talking after the show during an interview, Phil Spencer confirmed that they won't be releasing too many games from the original Xbox because it is a huge technical challenge they have to overcome. When he was probed a bit further if they were actually making a loss on Xbox One X he went on to say, "I didn't answer it that way".
In all honesty I can understand the price, it is a premium console after all, but at the same time if the idea is to make money from added peripherals then Microsoft has surely got to address the Elephant in the room of having next to no exclusives which can take advantage of the Xbox One X's raw power.
Alongside the prominent reveal of the Xbox One X, it was announced at E3 this year that original Xbox games will soon be supported on Xbox One. "But I will say price is critical".
I wondered, though, if the fact that games must be created to run on any Xbox One console - whether the original Xbox One released in 2013, the current Xbox One S or the upcoming Xbox One X - might limit the potential of the new console's incredible raw horsepower.
Ybarra replied back to a fan asking if the current Software Development Kit for the Xbox One X is complete or are they still working on it. "The money-making part is in selling games", said the Xbox boss. "We had 42 games, 22 of them with console exclusivity that I could put on-stage that all are games where you could see the dates for them and when they're coming", Spencer said. "The focus I had on this show was games you're going to get to play in the next year. A lot of our games, nearly 20 of them in the show, are going to be on Windows too".
- Woman who stormed stage during 'Julius Caesar' is arrested
- Warriors' Game 5 win wraps up highly-watched NBA Finals
- Johanna Konta cruises to Nottingham Open semis as fine grass form continues
- Shooter went to Republican baseball practice with list of names
- Seven Americans still missing after destroyer's collision as search continues
- French vote: Macron's party gets large majority
- Beaten Cameroon put on a fearless face
- Special counsel Mueller investigating Jared Kushner's finances, Washington Post reports
- NHL expansion draft 2017: Grading all 30 expansion draft protection lists
- World soccer chiefs consider introduction of 30-minute halves