Add "not making the 2017 National Basketball Association all-defensive teams" to John Wall's career-long compilation of bulletin board material.
Green has been vocal in the past about what being named the Defensive Player of the Year would mean to him.
Brogdon became the first player not picked in the first round to win NBA Rookie of the Year in the common draft era. The fact that Heat forward James Johnson didn't receive a single vote in the All-Defensive team category is. He added a sixth consecutive season to that accomplishment on Monday.
Thompson's teammate Draymond Green was the only unanimous first-team selection and is up for the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year award which will be determined this evening.
The best backcourt defenders who were named to the team were Tony Allen and Danny Green. Denver's Jamal Murray, Boston's Jaylen Brown, Phoenix's Marquese Chriss, the Lakers' Brandon Ingram and Ferrell made up the second team. Bradley was the "eleventh" member of the ten-man group that was awarded, as he led the best of the rest with 46 voting points. Roberson played his first three seasons in the league primarily as a shooting guard and typically guards the other team's top perimeter player whether it's a point guard, shooting guard or small forward. A reduction of 108 blocks after leading the league in 2015-16 with 269 was the direct result of his being asked to play more position defense. It's his third year in a row being First Team. Was there anyone who was snubbed?
- American Student Freed By North Korea Arrives Home
- About 160624 units of blood collected nationwide in 2016
- The Boston Celtics Take Jayson Tatum
- Chinese Foreign Minister welcomed by Punjab CM at Islamabad airport
- 79 now believed to have died in London high-rise fire
- Corruption charge increases pressure on Brazil's president
- Supreme Court takes on new clash of gay rights, religion
- Takata files for bankruptcy, to be bought by US-based firm
- Erdogan rejects Arab demands; Turkish troops stay in Qatar
- Near-final results show Macron's party winning