"Many of the companies have refused to confirm their attendance publicly, in a sign of how sensitive their dealings with the Trump administration have become in a liberal Silicon Valley that loathes his policies on issues like immigration and climate change", writes Steven Overly for Politico.
In May, Trump created an American Technology Council, his latest effort since taking office to modernize the USA government.
Kushner says the CEOS are working on some of the country's biggest challenges.
Chris Liddell, a White House aide who directs the technology effort, said the executives would participate in a series of working groups, concluding with a session with Trump.
Senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law, leads the inaugural meeting of the American Technology Council in the Indian Treaty Room at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next door to the White House June 19, 2017 in Washington. President Trump is scheduled to join them in the afternoon, and Vice President Mike Pence may reportedly also be there for part of the day.
Six months after top tech CEOs met with President Trump for the first time, they're coming back for round two.
"This is not a decision I have made lightly", wrote Jennifer Pahlka, founder and executive director of Code for America, who is also attending the White House meeting. It was one of Trump's latest initiatives to modernize the USA government, which spends $80 billion annually on information technology (IT) and employs approximately 113,000 It professionals. But so far, the White House has indicated that it does not consider the situation to be urgent.
The group will discuss topics like the use of artificial intelligence to reduce unauthorized use of government systems and the potential for cloud computing to lower the cost of providing government services.
- YotaPhone 3 specs leak, probable pricing announced
- Newtown parent won't view NBC interview of Alex Jones
- IBM's 5nm nanosheet chips could revolutionize the IoT market
- Iran says missile attack on IS in Syria coordinated with Damascus
- Angry AC Milan Fans Throw Fake Money Onto Pitch At Gianluigi Donnarumma
- Hundreds gather for annual Juneteenth celebration at Brandon Park
- Deputy AG Rosenstein set for budget hearing Tuesday
- Wind howling as final round at Erin Hills gets under way
- Congressman's condition 'more difficult' than first thought
- Amazon purchase makes grocery wars hotter