A spokesman from the Crown Prosecution Service said they had authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge him.
The unemployed father-of-four, now of no fixed address in Cardiff, spoke only to confirm his identity when he appeared before Westminster Magistrates Court this afternoon afternoon (Friday).
The suspect's 72-year-old mother, Christine Osborne, said that she can not defend her son's actions, but she insisted that he was not a terrorist and had not previously shown any hatred toward Muslims.
"He was married with four daughters, two sons and two grandchildren", London's Metropolitan Police said earlier this week.
Police have previously said the hired white van which was driven into people had come from Cardiff at about 8.20am on Sunday, the day before the attack.
"A minute's silence will be held at 12 noon on Monday 26 June in remembrance of those affected by the terrorist attack in Finsbury Park on Monday".
Nick Adderley, Assistant Chief Constable at Staffordshire Police, said: "We continue to work closely with our faith communities and it is our priority to remain visible and provide reassurance to them".
Makram Ali, 51, from Harringey, died from "multiple injuries" following the attack outside the mosque, a post-mortem examination revealed.
The attack has raised tensions in London and the United Kingdom, which had suffered multiple extremist attacks in the last three months.
Makram was the only person who was killed in the incident and few others were being treated in hospitals.
Armed police will be deployed today to protect Muslims celebrating the festival of Eid - the end of Ramadan - at mosques and open-air events.
- Khloe Kardashian's hangover after surprise party
- Kvitova wins Aegon Classic final for 1st title since attack
- Trump Comments On Female Reporter's Appearance, Surprises No One
- German parliament to vote on same-sex marriage this week
- Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is a 592-horsepower super-sedan
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Weds Louise Linton
- Junket tourism
- How to start in the online casino?
- Sean Spicer: Reporters Ask Snarky Questions at Briefings to 'Become YouTube Stars'
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?