Vancouver Canucks centre Michael Chaput (45) fights for control of the puck with Montreal Canadiens defenceman Nathan Beaulieu (28) during first period National Hockey League action in Vancouver on March 7, 2017.
The 24-year-old defenseman and former first-round draft choice has been a solid player for the Canadiens the last few seasons.
Last season, the defenceman struggled.
On the score sheet, the blue liner had a breakout season; he even opened up the season on the top pairing with Shea Weber.
"Obviously, it's disappointing", Beaulieu said of being a healthy scratch against NY, per the Montreal Gazette. In the Canadiens' final playoff game of the year (Game 6 against the New York Rangers), head coach Claude Julien made Beaulieu a healthy scratch, which was pretty telling.
On Sunday at 10:30am, the National Hockey League announced which players each team had chosen to protect from the upcoming expansion draft.
We won't know until next week, but the Sabres did themselves some good by landing a d-man like Beaulieu.
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke rejects Homeland Security position
- Former Alberta UFC fighter dead after knockout hit
- Woman who stormed stage during 'Julius Caesar' is arrested
- Baby Foods Contain More Lead than Regular Foods
- E3 2017: Microsoft isn't making a profit on the Xbox One X
- French vote: Macron's party gets large majority
- Beaten Cameroon put on a fearless face
- Trump acknowledges for first time he's under investigation
- Walkers celebrate cancer survivors at 22nd annual Relay for Life
- 1st day goes to New Zealand