Large hail, about 1 inch in diameter or bigger, is also possible. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds and heavy rain. An isolated tornado can not be ruled out somewhere in the region. Heavy rainfall in a short amount of time with the thunderstorms could cause flash flooding.
The National Weather Service said Sunday that it was not yet known where the heaviest rain and highest risk for flooding would occur.
High temperatures are forecast to hover in the 80s through the entire workweek.
Again, scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible through Monday morning and early afternoon.
A tree reportedly fell on a home on West King Street in Ephrata around 2:30 p.m., according to dispatch reports from Lancaster County-wide Communications.
Timing. Thunderstorms will begin their approach after 3 PM - perhaps a couple of hours after 3 PM.
After the storms end by early Tuesday morning, skies will progressively clear overnight. There is even a low risk of a tornado.
Check the Interactive Radar on NH1.com to track the storms as they move through the state.
The watch area includes Prince William, Fairfax and Arlington counties, as well as communities in and around Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas, Alexandria, Leesburg, Ashburn and Sterling.
A Small Craft Advisory is also in effect through tonight.
Saturday: Partly cloudy, chance for showers and thunderstorms.
The hot and sticky conditions around Fredericksburg will clash with cooler dryer air behind a cold front that is now crossing West Virginia.
- YotaPhone 3 specs leak, probable pricing announced
- Could Bulls get involved with potential Celtics-76ers trade?
- Can Donald Trump fire Robert Mueller? - KBZK.com | Continuous News | Bozeman, Montana
- Hundreds gather for annual Juneteenth celebration at Brandon Park
- Kim Kardashian West thanks 'good dad' Kanye West
- Confederations Cup: Socceroos v Germany - Everything you need to know
- Senate Dems Slated To Protest Obamacare On Chamber Floor
- Iran says missile attack on IS in Syria coordinated with Damascus
- Trump Directs Changes to Cuba Policy
- NASA telescope finds 10 more planets that could have life