Louisiana congressman Steve Scalise has been upgraded from "critical" to "serious condition".
His history of police run-ins also included an incident in March where police were called over him firing about 50 shots in a wooded area near homes in Belleville.
The gunman who opened fire on Republican congress members at a baseball field in Alexandria, Virginia, critically wounding Rep. Steve Scalise and injuring others, had a list with the names of three other GOP lawmakers on him, law-enforcement officials said on Friday. It contained the names of Rep. Mo Brooks, Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona, Rep. Jeff Duncan of SC and some other names that were not released.
A source said investigators are not sure of the significance of the names and it is not clear whether this was a list of people the attacker was targeting. As I walk across the parking lot to the vehicle, a gentleman approaches me and says, 'Can you tell me, the team today, is that Democrats or Republicans?' I told him it was the Republicans and he said, 'OK, thanks, ' and turned around.
Sava said he told Scalise's family that "I am not declaring victory until he's playing ball in his backyard with his family".
The person did not disclose the names, but said those listed had been briefed. His trauma surgeon said Friday he can hope to make an "excellent recovery", even though the lawmaker arrived at the hospital Wednesday at imminent risk of death. Medstar Washington Hospital Center said the congressman underwent another surgery Saturday, and that he is more responsive and speaking with family.For three months, Hodgkinson lived out of a white cargo van in a gentrified neighborhood just miles from where US laws are made.
Mika, a MI native, was one of five people shot when a gunman opened fire Wednesday as the Republican team practiced in Alexandria, Virginia. The shooter was an IL man, James Hodgkinson, who had lashed out against US President Donald Trump and Republicans over social media. Griner remains hospitalised at Washington's MedStar Hospital after getting shot in the ankle, and Sava described her in good condition.
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke rejects Homeland Security position
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- French vote: Macron's party gets large majority
- Woman who stormed stage during 'Julius Caesar' is arrested
- Seven Americans still missing after destroyer's collision as search continues
- Former Alberta UFC fighter dead after knockout hit
- Walkers celebrate cancer survivors at 22nd annual Relay for Life
- Browns' Myles Garrett spotted in walking boot
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nats over Mets 7-2
- Beaten Cameroon put on a fearless face