"Man, it is good to be back in the U.S.A.", Colbert said Monday. "I don't know if you knew I was in Russian Federation last week".
"But it's important to keep an eye on a comedian who's in Russian Federation doing jokes. Followed me everywhere", Colbert said.
This week, both Fallon and Colbert have original episodes ahead of the Fourth of July holiday. Colbert didn't spill many details on Monday night's show, except to say that the footage will be used in an upcoming week of shows all about his trip, which he called "fascinating".
"I'm just exhausted of Trump", she said on a panel about her show on May 16. During the show, he revealed that he was under surveillance by Russian and American intelligence agents the entire time he was visiting. "I'd have my son-in-law ask them". Colbert then made a quip at President Trump's expense saying, "Oh wait, somebody's already got that covered".
Colbert spent the bulk of his monologue discussing Donald Trump's hypocrisy around the widely accepted belief that Russian Federation interfered in the 2016 election.
- "For those of you not familiar with late-night TV in Russian Federation, it might seem a little foreign".
- Burling, Team New Zealand reach match point in America's Cup
- Gainesville Uber Driver Diverts Ride, Gropes Woman
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Indian Community In Netherlands
- Michael Jordan Sends a Message to MVP Russell Westbrook
- Iran fires missiles at militant groups in eastern Syria
- Xbox One X will not generate profits for Microsoft
- Trump organization ends management of Toronto tower
- Kremlin slams US warning of Syria attack
- Uber makes it easier to arrange trips for other riders
- International Monetary Fund cuts U.S. growth forecasts, cites Trump fiscal plan uncertainty