The appearances, however, are likely to be overshadowed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions' public appearance at a Senate intelligence committee hearing.
The firing would have to be carried out by Rod Rosenstein, deputy attorney general, though regulations could be "set aside", the AP reported.
"The President did talk with him in the days before he was named special counsel", Ruddy told PBS on Monday in the same interview where he said Trump was "considering terminating" Mueller as special counsel.
But Rosenstein made it very clear how that would go.
"I'm not going to follow any orders unless they are a lawful order", Rosenstein responded.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a White House spokeswoman, said on Monday that "Chris speaks for himself", but declined to comment further.
Trump has made it clear that he is frustrated by the investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, which USA intelligence officials have said was done to tilt the outcome in Trump's favor.
Newt Gingrich is so upset by the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Donald Trump's ties to Russian Federation and possible collusion and other potential crimes that he now says Congress should abolish special counsels entirely.
Mueller was appointed by the Justice Department to helm the investigation after Trump abruptly fired Comey - who was the one previously leading the Russian Federation probe - in early May. Ruddy agrees that the move would be a wrong move, but dismissed the investigation Mueller is overseeing. In what became known as the Saturday Night Massacre, President Richard Nixon ordered then-Attorney General Elliot Richardson to fire Cox.
- Ward celebrates big win while Kovalev plans protest
- Gal Gadot shows the real meaning of 'Wonder Woman'
- Sabres acquire defenseman Nathan Beaulieu from Canadiens
- Baby Foods Contain More Lead than Regular Foods
- United States shoots down Syrian Air Force fighter
- Wind howling as final round at Erin Hills gets under way
- Trump cheerleaders turn on special counsel Mueller
- IBM's 5nm nanosheet chips could revolutionize the IoT market
- Angry AC Milan Fans Throw Fake Money Onto Pitch At Gianluigi Donnarumma
- Verizon Opens Preorder for New iPad Pros #49869 - 06/07/17 02:27 PM