According to studio estimates, it debuts at #1 with $53.5 million in opening weekend receipts.
Wonder Woman also holds the record for the highest DCEU second-week drop, despite having the smallest opening weekend of all four, an impressive feat for the Gal Gadot-led film.
Cast member Armie Hammer poses at the premiere of "Cars 3" at the convention center in Anaheim, California U.S., June 10, 2017. Despite the raunchy comedy's star power, the film opened with significantly less than other recent female-fronted comedies like Snatched ($19 million), Bad Moms ($23.8 million), and How to Be Single ($17.9 million).
Meanwhile, the weekend's biggest surprise was "All Eyez on Me", with the Tupac Shakur biopic shattering modest expectations to capture third place with a domestic gross of $27.1 million in its opening weekend. "Cars 2" collected 34.1 percent of its box office from the domestic market, down from 52.8 percent for the 2006 original. Blindsided by a new generation of racing cars and facing relegation from the sport he loves, McQueen enlists the help of a young technician, voiced by Cristela Alonzo. The film opened on what would have been the late rapper's 46 birthday, which helped it get out of the gate fast on Friday with $12.8 million. Mandy Moore and Claire Holt's shark attack flick barely beat out its close competition on Friday with just over $4 million from 2,270 theaters, while Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" scared up just under $4 million from 4,034 venues. Scarlett Johansson, Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell, Zoe Kravitz, and Glazer make up a rowdy girl gang who reunite for a bachelorette weekend that goes horribly wrong. The R-rated movie fell flat with $8.1 million from 3,162 theaters. The film, the first major title from Byron Allen's distribution venture Entertainment Studios, grossed $11 million from 2,270 theaters to land at No. 5.
Also in the top 10 is Rough Night, which comes in seventh with an estimated $8 million from 3,162 locations. The approval ratings for 47 Meters were as follows: 56% approval on Rotten Tomatoes, a 56/100 on Metacritic and a deadly "C" rating on CinemaScore.
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke rejects Homeland Security position
- Shooter went to Republican baseball practice with list of names
- United States shoots down Syrian Air Force fighter
- Warriors' Game 5 win wraps up highly-watched NBA Finals
- Trump acknowledges for first time he's under investigation
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nats over Mets 7-2
- Spieth stabilizes in final round at US Open
- Baby Foods Contain More Lead than Regular Foods
- NHL expansion draft 2017: Grading all 30 expansion draft protection lists
- World soccer chiefs consider introduction of 30-minute halves