The injury is a pretty big blow for the Red Sox, as Price had been pitching quite well, with a 2.84 ERA and more than a strikeout per inning over his past six starts.
It's been a rocky season for Price on the injury front, and the latest ailment only stands to complicate matters.
In March, the hurler was diagnosed with a strain of flexor mass muscle in his forearm near his left elbow.
Price had been throwing the ball very well until last time out. The Boston Globe first reported that Price could miss Friday's start. He has also engaged in more than one public dustup with media members, most recently calling out Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley on a team flight. Boston is only 26-20 in games started by Price since signing him - not exactly what the front office was hoping for when they inked him to the biggest contract in team history. He now has a 5-3 record and an ERA of 3.82.
- Iran has successfully launched a space rocket
- Mindy Kaling Debuts Baby Bump in Non-Maternity Maternity Wear
- Delta Air, Air France, Virgin Atlantic, China Eastern Ink Billion-Dollar Deal
- Apple supplier Foxconn plans a factory in Wisconsin
- Local MAC giving free lipsticks on Saturday
- Charlie Gard: The tragic case of a too short life
- England's Alastair Cook steadies ship as debutants crack under pressure
- Friday space launch puts University of Tennessee back in space
- Trump heads to MS-13 epicenter to highlight law and order agenda
- Echoes an Elusive Age, Heading West — Dragon Quest XI