In April 2015, he was removed of his title after he fled the scene of a auto accident which broke the arm of a pregnant woman. "I think that's what the fans really want to see, is me challenging myself against a heavyweight" Jones told the show. I did a lot of right things to get back in the position.
So, when you consider how much money WME - IMG spent on acquiring the UFC, don't be surprised if the promotion takes a long, hard look at this. Lesnar is the current WWE Universal Champion, and he's also a former UFC Heavyweight Champion.
Jones, 30, came into the bout looking for redemption, one year after a positive drug test cost him his interim title and scratched a title unifier at UFC 200.
Jones said he and his coaches have discussed the possibility of fighting Lesnar.
"Lesnar, if you want to know what it's like to get your [butt] kicked by a guy who weighs 40 pounds less than you, meet me in the Octagon", Jones said. The 39-year-old ex-Olympic wrestler has been trading verbal shots with Jones ever since one of the best rivalries in MMA history was sparked by their brawl in a casino lobby during a promotional appearance in 2014. The latter is a former title holder, who had also earned a unanimous decision in their first bout in 2015.
Returning to the Octagon for the first time after a yearlong suspension, Jones recorded his first stoppage since 2013, finishing rival Daniel Cormier in the UFC 214 main event.
"He has absolutely no reason to hang his head". "I've got dynamite in my hands, man", he said in the post-fight interview. "I know we were opponents, but outside of that, he is a true champion for the rest of his life". Jones consistently attacked the body, and Cormier answered with a flurry of strikes. "Even my critics, thanks for getting me motivated with your negative comments".
It's perhaps not surprising that we're entertaining the idea of this possible super-fight.
The crowd let the counter-striker have it after he cautiously worked his way to a unanimous-decision five-round victory over top-ranked Demian Maia. Fan favorite Cris Cyborg did not disappoint in her third-round TKO victory against Tonya Evinger and earned a disclosed $500,000 for her victory.
- Deposed Pakistani leader Nawaz Sharif names former government minister as his successor
- Liverpool target Naby Keita '100% sure' to stay at Leipzig - Hasenhuttl
- Sprint Looking for Options to T-Mobile Merger
- Mets pull off shocking trade to nab much-needed bullpen help
- Cowboys Defensive End Suspended 2 Games For Violating NFL Substance Abuse Policy
- President Trump names Gen. John Kelly as new chief of staff
- Reince Priebus out as Trump's White House chief of staff
- US Lifts Laptop Ban on All Airlines
- Justin Bieber Offers to Help Paparazzi After Accidentally Hitting Him With Car
- Sanjay Dutt's bloodied look is intriguing in new 'Bhoomi' poster