Austin Police released shocking CCTV footage of the July 13 incident on Thursday.
Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services responded to the parking garage at 508 Brazos Street around 8:30 a.m., after the auto broke through a barrier and plunged into an alley.
Authorities have released video showing the moment a BMW 4 Series plunged seven stories off the edge of a parking garage in downtown Austin, Texas earlier this summer, narrowly missing a man driving his SUV as it smashed into the alley below.
In the video, a Chevrolet Tahoe is seen trying to turn around in the alley.
The BMW came to rest upside down on its roof. They say she hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed through the cable wires that form a barrier along the edge of the garage.
A woman in the BMW suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
'So I just immediately just put it in drive and started driving forward and as I started driving forward, the auto landed on me'.
A motorist in the USA is surprised to still be alive after a auto falling from a parking garage just missed the vehicle he was in. A bystander helped the 24-year-old driver escape. Waco's KXXV-TV reported that the garage was cited by officials that same month for unsafe barrier cable systems.
- Boy dies in auto park collision at Ibis Hotel in Salford
- Vigil held for western Missouri police officer gunned down during traffic stop
- Google Cancels 'Town Hall' on Diversity at Last Minute
- Beijing slams U.S. 'freedom of navigation' exercises in South China Sea
- The insane climate records from 2016 you haven't heard much about
- Suspension would cost Elliott Cardinals game
- Junket tourism
- Florida daycare driver arrested for manslaughter over boy's death
- Hackers failed to enter Kenya's voting database, election official says
- Video Captured on Officer's Eyeglasses Helps Convict Man Who Shot Him