Austin Police released shocking CCTV footage of the July 13 incident on Thursday.
Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services responded to the parking garage at 508 Brazos Street around 8:30 a.m., after the auto broke through a barrier and plunged into an alley.
Authorities have released video showing the moment a BMW 4 Series plunged seven stories off the edge of a parking garage in downtown Austin, Texas earlier this summer, narrowly missing a man driving his SUV as it smashed into the alley below.
In the video, a Chevrolet Tahoe is seen trying to turn around in the alley.
The BMW came to rest upside down on its roof. They say she hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed through the cable wires that form a barrier along the edge of the garage.
A woman in the BMW suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
'So I just immediately just put it in drive and started driving forward and as I started driving forward, the auto landed on me'.
A motorist in the USA is surprised to still be alive after a auto falling from a parking garage just missed the vehicle he was in. A bystander helped the 24-year-old driver escape. Waco's KXXV-TV reported that the garage was cited by officials that same month for unsafe barrier cable systems.
- Boy dies in auto park collision at Ibis Hotel in Salford
- 'The Munsters' Reboot In Works At NBC From Jill Kargman & Seth Meyers
- Suspension would cost Elliott Cardinals game
- Junket tourism
- Hackers failed to enter Kenya's voting database, election official says
- How to start in the online casino?
- US Stocks Slip as North Korea Tensions Persist
- Google Cancels 'Town Hall' on Diversity at Last Minute
- Overwatch Is Adding Deathmatch to its Selection of Game Modes
- New Apple iPhone 8 Video Reveals Expected Colour Options