She next faces American Sloane Stephens, who saved three match points in the third set to oust Lucie Safarova 6-2, 1-6, 7-5 in their quarter-final.
Wozniacki eliminated Stephens in a tidy 83 minutes at Aviva Centre in Toronto.
At no point was the Romanian settled into the match, saying that, "from the first game, I started to feel that I have no touch at the ball".
Svitolina will go into the final against Wozniacki with plenty of confidence having a 2-0 career record against her.
The fifth seed in Toronto, Svitolina had beaten Venus Williams, Garbine Muguruza and Simona Halep to reach the final and this latest impressive win edges her closer to Karolina Pliskova's number-one ranking.
"Today, I was very focused and I learned a lot from that experience, which of course was very painful". Wozniacki has lost her last five final appearances and is 20-15 in final appearances on hard court. The finalist will take home $243,920. Pliskova faced a test in the round of sixteen as her opponent, Naomi Osaka, extended the World No. 1 to a third set.
Pliskova played a more patient game of tennis than she is accustomed to playing, and tried dominating with her power in the rallies. "I didn't expect this type of day but I'm very happy that I could stay very focused".
According to the WTA, Svitolina has won both of her meetings against Wozniacki, including a straight-set victory in Dubai earlier this year. I have many tournaments ahead. Montreal hosts the women's Rogers Cup in alternate years and she has fared much better there, winning in 2010 and reaching the semifinals in 2012. The Dane then broke back in the eighth before she ran off the last four games of the match. "To be in this final once again, it really feels fantastic and I feel like I have been playing really good tennis". This is a quick turnaround that will really test the 22-year-old.
- Gorakhpur : 48 hours 30 lives lost in Baba Raghav Das Medical College
- Proper eye protection needed for viewing the eclipse
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Japan deploys missile defence over N Korea threat to Guam
- Venezuela could become a risk to US: CIA director
- Philippines rejects advice on South China Sea row
- Ronaldo rested and ready for Barca in Spanish Super Cup
- Mauricio Pellegrino sees positives from Southampton's draw with Swansea
- Stroud 1 stroke off lead at PGA Championship
- Google Fire Software Engineer Over Offensive Memo