But the bear also could be a clue to a major plot point of "Deadpool 2", which will hit theaters in summer 2018. Cable and Domino were lovers in the comics, and since they're both being introduced at the same time, it seems pretty likely that the movies would follow that route.
Reynolds tweeted out the first pic above, with the caption reading "We all have that one, grumpy, heavily armed Uncle from the future". After Names like Brad Pitt, Nathan Fillion were rumoured to be playing the awesome role, it was officially announced by Fox that Josh Brolin has been roped in.
He's no Keira Knightley, but Josh Brolin does look plenty proud as Cable in the upcoming Deadpool 2. All of which is fantastic, of course, though really the best thing about Brolin's Cable here is just how much of the character's demeanor is represented in this image. David Leitch (John Wick, Atomic Blonde) is directing, replacing Tim Miller, who reportedly clashed with Reynolds over the direction of the movie.
The second picture has Cable carrying his gun over one shoulder, his metallic, cybernetic arm dangling on the other side.
Even X-Men comic writer Fabian Nicieza gave the Cable reveal his stamp of approval, tweeting his praise back at Reynolds.
While it may be some time before actual footage of Deadpool and Cable interacting is unveiled, it looks like Deadpool might have his hands full once again.
- Siemian gets 1st start but hasn't nailed down Broncos QB job
- Rich hippies rejoice: Tesla Model X now $3000 cheaper
- 'Very small' number of eggs linked to contamination scare distributed in UK
- Iran arrests 27 IS suspects: intelligence ministry
- David Beckham pays tribute to Usain Bolt after farewell 100m
- Chicago to sue Trump administration over sanctuary city funding threat
- Samsung's ultra-durable Galaxy S8 Active launches this week
- Former Pro Bowler Vince Wilfork announces retirement in Kingsford Charcoal commercial
- Two Texas Boy Scouts killed after sailboat hits electric line
- SA Parliament Speaker allows secret ballot in no confidence motion against Zuma