She suffered burns to her face, back and shoulders and was rushed to the hospital in serious but stable condition.
The 12-year-old girl was arrested and charged with assault, police said.
'I was told that they didn't like her. She told her if she goes to sleep, they were gonna do something to her. She was admitted to a burn unit with second-degree burns.
According to Panton, the girl she knew as Jamoni was a friend of her daughter Aniya and basically moved into their apartment about a month ago. "But after she saw what she did to [Jamoneisha] was really wrong, she tried to kill herself".
Jamoneisha's cousin, Yolanda Richardson, said Jamoneisha and the 12-year-old had been arguing.
"I'm going to cut your face, you f-ing b--!"
"They always prank each other", Panton said to the Daily News.
Panton says her family has received threatening text messages from strangers about the incident. Ebony Merritt screamed at Panton. 'My daughter was sleeping and Jamoni poured cold water on Aniya. "I wanted to do it", she said. "She's emotionally messed up". I want all that was involved to be brought to justice.
One incident turned fatal when 8-year-old Florida resident Ki'ari Pope died from burn injuries sustained in March. Children and teens seeing the fake challenge may not be aware of the lasting damage the boiling water can cause.
"Watch what your kids are doing on the internet", he added.
- PGA Championship Moves to May
- Rogue kitten interrupts baseball game and wins it with cuteness
- Britney Spears frightened after man rushes onto concert stage
- LEGO gets new CEO for second time in 8 months
- Powerball jackpot continues to rise
- Scaramucci to appear on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' next Monday
- New Report Claims Usher Does Not Have Herpes
- Junket tourism
- Contaminated eggs supplied to Irish food businesses, says FSAI
- Uber investor lawsuit accuses Kalanick of rigging board