She suffered burns to her face, back and shoulders and was rushed to the hospital in serious but stable condition.
The 12-year-old girl was arrested and charged with assault, police said.
'I was told that they didn't like her. She told her if she goes to sleep, they were gonna do something to her. She was admitted to a burn unit with second-degree burns.
According to Panton, the girl she knew as Jamoni was a friend of her daughter Aniya and basically moved into their apartment about a month ago. "But after she saw what she did to [Jamoneisha] was really wrong, she tried to kill herself".
Jamoneisha's cousin, Yolanda Richardson, said Jamoneisha and the 12-year-old had been arguing.
"I'm going to cut your face, you f-ing b--!"
"They always prank each other", Panton said to the Daily News.
Panton says her family has received threatening text messages from strangers about the incident. Ebony Merritt screamed at Panton. 'My daughter was sleeping and Jamoni poured cold water on Aniya. "I wanted to do it", she said. "She's emotionally messed up". I want all that was involved to be brought to justice.
One incident turned fatal when 8-year-old Florida resident Ki'ari Pope died from burn injuries sustained in March. Children and teens seeing the fake challenge may not be aware of the lasting damage the boiling water can cause.
"Watch what your kids are doing on the internet", he added.
- New Report Claims Usher Does Not Have Herpes
- The Crown season 2: FIRST LOOK trailer teases troubled Queen Elizabeth marriage
- Study Finds Smoking Marijuana Could Have A Surprising Health Risk
- LEGO gets new CEO for second time in 8 months
- Contaminated eggs supplied to Irish food businesses, says FSAI
- Britney Spears frightened after man rushes onto concert stage
- PM announces state funeral for Dr. Ruth Pfau
- Arsene Wenger: 'Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain continuing to mature'
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Password Advice Creator Says He Was Wrong; New Rules Easier