Even as 90 jumbo oxygen cylinders were pressed into service to maintain the supply on Friday, the hospital ran out of oxygen around 1 am. Raids have been conducted at the Lucknow-based firm which stopped supply of oxygen to the hospital. An operator in the oxygen supply department told Scroll.in that the liquid oxygen supply to the hospital has been restored.
Adityanath had said Saturday said that a magisterial inquiry has been ordered and a committee has been formed to look into the Gorakhpur tragedy.
Further slamming the opposition and critiques for politicizing the issue, Adityanath said, "Those whose sensitivity has died are now trying to add salt to the wound by raising the sensitive issue unnecessarily".
However, he gave no reason for the deaths.
State health minister Siddharth Nath Singh and minister for technical and medical education Ashutosh Tandon will meet chief minister Yogi Adityanath today in the wake of the incident. He said he had ascertained from the doctors that the deaths had not occurred from a lack of oxygen.
The state's top health official admitted there had been a problem in the pipeline supplying oxygen, but added that the hospital managed the situation via its plentiful supply of oxygen cylinders. State Health Minister Sidharthnath Singh claimed that during the past three years the death of children due to encephilites in August was between 19 to 22 per day but this year it was just around 10 per day in the first 12 days of August. The Chief Minister, who was accompanied by Union Minister JP Nadda, said that the government will take the strongest action against anyone who is found guilty of negligence in the case. This prompted the government to say on Twitter that "No patient has died at the BRD medical college due to shortage of oxygen supplies".
Speaking to NDTV, Ajay Shukla, whose 17 days old daughter, Sarika Shukla, too was among 63 children, who died at BRD hospital, said, "Oxygen levels were low two days ago too".
- Marshawn Lynch Sits During National Anthem at Raiders Preseason Game
- Rose forgiven by Pochettino after apology over his blast at Spurs
- Sebastian Gorka says Rex Tillerson discussing military options is 'nonsensical'
- Tom Cruise seen limping after 'Mission: Impossible 6' stunt goes wrong
- Moussa Sissoko Plays - Tottenham Hotspur Team vs Newcastle United Confirmed
- Cardinals announce Rally Cat Appreciation Day
- McMaster Repeatedly Refuses to Say if He Can Work With Bannon
- Steve Mounie bags brace on Huddersfield debut
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program