Like other US territories, Guam has a sometimes complicated relationship with the USA mainland but many across the island say despite the threats and concerns they feel reassured and protected by the military - especially in times of tense, geopolitical sparring.
"These contingency plans will enable the Consulate General to respond to emergencies in their area of jurisdiction, including coordination with the host country and the Filipino community", he said in a statement.
After taking off from Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, the B-1s - assigned to the 37th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron - flew to Japanese airspace, where they were joined by Japanese F-2 fighter jets.
PEOPLE living on the tiny Pacific island of Guam fear being caught in the middle of escalating tensions between the United States and North Korea.
North Korea has announced it is seriously reviewing a plan to strike the US territory of Guam.
A U.S. B-1B bomber flies over Korea along with a South Korean F-15K fighter
A local mother whose son is serving in the armed forces in Guam is reacting to a recent threat from North Korea. There were also other layers of protection present, but he said they could "not be discussed in detail".
"Evacuating our people here may be hard, but we just have to prepare for it", he said.
'But I have to say, I'm not laughing now, ' he said.
Consul General in Guam, Marciano de Borja told ABS-CBN News Channel on Friday they have come up with measures for situations that may arise should North Korea strike the island. Chamorros are the indigenous people of Guam.
I am working with Homeland Security, the Rear Admiral, and the United States to ensure our safety. In 2013, state media cited leader Kim Jong Un as having ordered his military to prepare plans on launching strikes on USA military bases in Guam, Hawaii and South Korea as well as the American mainland.
- Fruitcake Survives 100 Years In Freezing Antarctica
- Dozens of migrants disembark on Spanish beach in front of shocked tourists
- Global stocks slide as US-North Korea nuclear tensions rise
- 'The Munsters' Reboot In Works At NBC From Jill Kargman & Seth Meyers
- How to start in the online casino?
- US Stocks Slip as North Korea Tensions Persist
- I was groped by DJ, superstar Swift tells court
- Junket tourism
- Anger erupts in Odinga bastions after Kenya poll result
- BC government joins legal challenges against Trans Mountain oil pipeline