Will be updated after evening interviews. "It comes with time, to gain the trust of the guys on the team".
At SEC media days a few weeks ago, Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn admitted he had a small problem at the quarterback position. "The team is excited for Jarrett and ready for the season". Sean White will now officially serve as Auburn's backup this season, as Stidham will likely take the team's passing game to a much-improved level in 2017.
The Tigers ranked 112th nationally in passing offense last season and 49th in scoring. Stidham follows White (2016), Jeremy Johnson (2015) and Nick Marshall (2014).
Stidham was the offensive MVP in Auburn's spring game, when White was sidelined while recovering from surgery to fix a broken right forearm sustained in the Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma.
Stidham put up even bigger numbers as a senior completing 183-of-260 passes for 2,934 yards and 35 touchdowns, and rushing for 969 yards and 15 touchdowns on 122 carries despite missing three games with a broken hand. He arrived in Auburn after spending last fall at a junior college with no football program.
Following his senior season, Stidham flipped his commitment from Texas Tech to Baylor, graduated high school early and enrolled at Baylor in January of 2015.
- U-turn on North Korea; US opts for diplomacy
- Mo Farah accuses sections of media of trying to 'destroy' his legacy
- Downed Charlottesville Helicopter Kills Two, Cause Unknown
- Rudiger promises Chelsea response after shock loss
- Virginia Congregations Condemn White Supremacy After Violent Demonstrations
- El Clasico Tactical Analysis: Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid
- Neymar marks Paris Saint-Germain debut with a goal against Guingamp
- Tropical depression forms east of Bahamas
- Top US general to meet South Korean leader amid tensions
- Kenosha County sheriff provides update on Great Lakes Dragaway investigation