Russian Federation responded directly to the mounting war of words between the USA and North Korea Friday, with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov saying that the wiser and stronger will make the first move to deescalate tensions.
"Unfortunately the rhetoric in Washington and Pyongyang is starting to go off the charts", Lavrov said.
As tension continues to rise between the US and North Korea, with both sides making threats, China and Russian Federation are trying to cool things down.
It wasn't clear whether Ozerov was speaking with authority from the Kremlin or merely as an observer, but Russia's top diplomat continued to urge both North Korea and the United States to tone down the rhetoric that has prompted global fear of a direct military conflict over Pyongyang's continued pursuit of a nuclear weapons program and long-range missile system.
"I believe the risks are very high, especially considering this rhetoric, when direct threats of using force are voiced", Lavrov said at a youth forum in the Vladimir region east of Moscow.
China delivered a warning to North Korea on Friday, stating that if it strikes the USA first, China will stay neutral.
Lavrov did not refer to President Donald Trump's most recent remark that the U.S. military is "locked and loaded" in the event of a misstep by North Korea, but said Moscow is "very alarmed" at Washington's rhetoric of preemptive military action.
"The first one who has to take a step backwards from the risky line is the stronger and the smarter one". The Kim regime responded by threatening to attack the US territory of Guam, a small Pacific island that is home to key USA military installations.
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Rose forgiven by Pochettino after apology over his blast at Spurs
- Gorakhpur : 48 hours 30 lives lost in Baba Raghav Das Medical College
- Junket tourism
- McMaster Repeatedly Refuses to Say if He Can Work With Bannon
- Kylie Jenner's Family 'Loves' New BF Travis Scott
- Sebastian Gorka says Rex Tillerson discussing military options is 'nonsensical'
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program
- Eric and Donald Trump Jr roasted on Saturday Night Live