Irving has requested a trade from the Cavs and one team on his preferred-destinations list is the Knicks. It wouldn't even approach the negotiating table if Cleveland weren't also willing to take on the near $55 million that's still owed to Joakim Noah.
If the Cavs have their way, they may trade Irving for a serviceable player, a young star, and a future draft pick.
Irving, who asked the Cleveland Cavaliers for a trade in July after he grew sour of playing alongside James, has his sights set on the Los Angeles Clippers as a team he would like to play for if traded.
"Of course, Cavaliers officials prefer to re-sign James to a long-term deal and chase titles together into his twilight, but the Cavs are treating his unwillingness to commit as a call to protect themselves long term in the Irving trade, league sources said", ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski wrote Tuesday. They were led by veteran all-star point guard Isaiah Thomas, who put up career numbers for the Celtics averaging, 28.9 points, 5.9 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 76 games this season. The Cavaliers don't seem to be in a rush to move him, so they won't accept 75 cents on the dollar, while teams interested in Irving aren't losing their head and trying to give up too much.
JJ Hickson was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2008 NBA Draft with the 19th overall pick, he has played eight seasons in the NBA and played for Cleveland, Sacramento, Portland, Denver, and Washington.
The Boston Celtics finished 1st in the Eastern Conference with a record of 53-29, finishing 7th in the National Basketball Association in points scored and made it the Conference finals for the first time since the 2011-2012 season against Lebron James' Miami Heat.
Porzingis skipped his exit meeting with the Knicks at the end of the season, but Mills said last month that he and Porzingis had spoken a few times this summer. The organization learned it the hard way in 2010 when LeBron left for greener pasture in South Beach. The Knicks are likely to be mediocre for the rest of Noah's contract, anyway. The ban will stretch through the first 12 games of next season.
Irving does not have a no-trade clause and could be dealt to any team.
- North Korean attack could escalate to war
- Sticking It To The Man: 'No Fascist USA' Protesters Trash Confederate Monument
- Japan to seek assurance of USA defence pledge, including nuclear deterrence
- ACLU Warns Trump: Pardoning Arpaio Would Be 'Presidential Endorsement of Racism'
- Elliott appeal to focus on threats, testimony by ex-girlfriend
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid Forward Suspended For Five Games
- Obama's tweet post-Charlottesville among most 'liked' ever
- Transfer window change to be voted on by clubs
- North Korea missile re-entry technology not perfected yet, says South Korea
- Falling tree in Central Park injures four people