If you're looking to save a little as you shop for back-to-school supplies, make sure you set a reminder for this weekend.
Oklahoma's annual sales tax holiday will begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday and end at midnight Sunday.
A variety of approved items, the majority of which are back to school items, will be exempt from the 6 percent sales tax and any applicable local taxes.
Backpacks priced less than $100 sold for use by elementary and secondary students are exempt during the sales tax holiday.
OH retail industry leaders say consumers are expected to take advantage of this year's sales tax holiday by spending about 10 percent more than last year, spread across brick and mortar and online retailers alike.
The idea largely is aimed at back-to-school time. For a full list, visit tax.iowa.gov.
Computers and computer-related accessories selling for $750 or less and intended for personal use will also be tax exempt.
It was part of a $180 million dollar tax cut package passed by the Legislature earlier this year and signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott.
The sales tax holiday exemption does not extend to rental of clothing or footwear; nor does it apply to adjustment (including embroidery) or cleaning services performed on clothes and shoes. Diapers, diaper bags and baby clothes are also tax-free during the holiday. The state has offered other tax holidays this year, including one in June on hurricane preparedness items.
Patterson said it's a great opportunity for OH families to save money as they prepare their children for the upcoming school year.
"It always struck me as a weekend where you can take advantage of school clothing, school supplies, (or) anything you're going to need to send your child back to school", said one shopper.
Q. Does Nebraska have a tax holiday? "We are excited about the weekend, and we know they are too".
- Teen texting manslaughter verdict could face a legal challenge
- Chelsea's Diego Costa to hand in formal transfer request
- Secret Service quits Trump Tower in dispute over lease — BBCI
- Thursday forecast: Cooler, chance of storms
- Seven earthquakes hit Oklahoma City area in 3 days
- Samsung's new SM-G9298 flip phone has 2 screens
- Predators captain Fisher retires after 17 seasons in National Hockey League
- Ryan Tannehill leaves practice with left knee injury
- Windows Store gets UI improvements ahead of Fall Creators Update release
- A biker group escorts bullied sixth grader to school in compassionate act