"But the last person in the world you want to give a missile with a nuclear weapon on top is Kim Jong Un, given the way he's treated his own people, and what he's said about us". "However, right now, Secretary [of State Rex] Tillerson, Ambassador [to the U.N. Nikki] Haley, you can see the American effort is diplomatically led, it has diplomatic traction, it is gaining diplomatic results".
Meanwhile North Korea's state-run KCNA news agency said its army would complete plans in mid-August to fire four intermediate-range missiles over Japan to land near Guam.
Pyongyang has been louder in its complaints against a new and tough round of sanctions imposed by the United Nations, with strong U.S. backing, and Washington's use of Guam as a staging ground for its stealth bombers, which could be used to attack North Korea and are a particularly sore point with the ruling regime in Pyongyang. In fact, "If we have to, we'll go to war", Graham said. "He's fourth in line to the presidency", Nauert said. "The Secretary General welcomes all initiatives that will help deescalate tensions and welcomes a return to diplomacy".
Mattis did not comment directly on the President's remarks.
"China should make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten US territories and triggers USA retaliations, China will stay neutral".
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told The Chronicle in an interview that he was confident that there are experts giving Trump advice on the volatile North Korea situation, even if the president has been bellicose in his Twitter attacks on the rogue nation. But he says that, until that happens, the U.S.
"North Korea has said it may attack Guam in retaliation. We should also make clear that, if the USA and South Korea carry out military attacks to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political landscape on the Korean Peninsula, China will be determined to take actions to prevent them from doing so".
There are about 29,000 American troops permanently stationed in South Korea.
- Netflix Renew GLOW For A Second Season
- Probe hots up on Trump links with Russian Federation
- Everton boss Koeman admits seeking Lukaku replacement
- At Least 31 Dead, Scores Hurt as Trains Collide in Alexandria, Egypt
- Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally
- Trump's White House Brings Chaos to Black Journalists Conference
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Families allege discrepancy in treatment
- Tannehill reportedly to have season-ending surgery
- US, Jamaica qualify for 4x100 final; Felix eyes record medal
- Philippe Coutinho Emails in Transfer Request, Despite LFC Statement