After Tyler Saladino struck out swinging, Jose Abreu tied it at 6 with a single to right.
Moncada - playing second base - and Garcia - playing right field - were both going after a shallow flyball when Moncada's knee nailed Garcia in the head, as Garcia was attempting to make a sliding catch. But Moncada had to be carted off the field as he never put any weight on his right leg.
Garcia also went down on the play on Monday night, but eventually walked off under his own power. As we get the evaluations, we'll know exactly where we might sit.
Garcia, another rookie, has been a pleasant surprise for the South Siders, hitting.258/.317/.441 over 40 games. "I didn't remember what happened until the doctors started asking me questions here, and then I saw the video".
Toronto sent Liriano and cash to AL-leading Houston for outfielders Nori Aoki and Teoscar Hernandez.
The White Sox did manage to pull of the victory in walk-off fashion.
It is uncertain if trips the disabled list are in order, but we would not be surprised if Garcia landed on the 10-day list. Per Nightengale, he will undergo the concussion protocol before being able to return. "He's feeling a lot better", manager John Gibbons said. Lucky for Sox fans the injury wasn't more serious.
- Princess Diana discusses her rebellious youth in new unseen footage
- Elon Musk Warns of 'Manufacturing Hell' for Model 3
- Jordan Abolishes Law Allowing Rapists to Marry Their Victims
- Ruling on minors' life sentences has small Wisconsin impact
- Netflix Releases New Trailer For Serial Killer Series Mindhunter
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 vs. GeForce GTX 1080: Graphics Card Comparison
- White House insists no part in Seth Rich story
- Casey Affleck's wife files for divorce
- Red Sox reach deal to acquire reliever Addison Reed
- Two arrested after woman's body found in freezer of OH home