City's Gabriel Jesus had two goals ruled out - for handball and offside - and Pep Guardiola's team struggled to break Brighton down until Aguero fired home a pass from David Silva to open the scoring in the 70th minute. Lewis Dunk's own goal gave the scoreline some resemblance to a one-sided game, but in their remaining 37 games, surely Brighton will not be forced to run so hard for so little.
It's based on the top six from last season so you're the gaffer of either Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Manchester United. Brighton survived exile, homelessness and being just a goal away from leaving the Football...
"We have to learn to attack better", Guardiola said. "But it's not a party for us and we need to win". I saw him on the TV last season, but it will depend on how he and the other players adjust to the Premier League.
"We had chances in the first minutes".
Manchester United scored only 54 goals last season, letting an excellent defensive season go to waste with a sixth-place finish.
The trip to the coast will be start to what is expected to be a season of pressure for Manchester City, as they head to the AMEX Stadium with many of people expecting the Citizens to begin their title charge tonight. "We are looking forward to next week".
"There's a huge gulf between the Championship and the top Premier League teams and having watched City in pre-season, they look like they are in the mood for a good start".
"This is our first Premier League game and we were playing against the team some think might win the league", he said. If not, then we're going to be ready to get the three points.
But the moment they did it was ruthless as striker Aguero converted 20 minutes from time.
12 - Leicester City - Though they didn't look like the side that won the title a season ago, Leicester will be looking to become a permanent Premier League club, after exciting performances since Claudio Ranieri left. We needed to do that because there were four or five players at the end of their contract and we try to make a younger, deeper squad.
"We did that last season too, but in the boxes we were not good".
City will be hoping for a better 207/18 season, but face a potential banana skin in opponents Brighton.
- Ronaldo rested and ready for Barca in Spanish Super Cup
- Sunderland house destroyed in explosion that 'sounded like bomb'
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Japan deploys missile defence over N Korea threat to Guam
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program
- Lavrov: Russia to protect itself in 'sanctions war'
- Welcome boost from China to global pressure on North Korea
- Moussa Sissoko Plays - Tottenham Hotspur Team vs Newcastle United Confirmed
- Tom Cruise seen limping after 'Mission: Impossible 6' stunt goes wrong
- Kylie Jenner's Family 'Loves' New BF Travis Scott