But that isn't something that should come as a surprise to fans given that Lynch hasn't stood for the anthem in 11 years, according to NBC Sports Bay Area's Fallon Smith.
"I talked to Marshawn to make sure we're on the same page", Del Rio said after a 20-10 loss to the Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. "I said, 'Just so you understand how I feel. You do your thing.' So it's a non-issue for me".
On the other hand, Raiders backup quarterback E.J. Manuel added that the rest of the team supports Lynch while noting that "Beast Mode's" decision was "more of a personal thing". We have not been able to find any photos or videos showing Lynch sitting out the anthem at any time in the 11 years since he entered the National Football League, until Saturday night.
Kaepernick remains an unsigned free agent.
Rodger Sherman of The Ringer shared a collection of angry tweets directed at Lynch for sitting during the national anthem before the Seahawks' playoff game against the Panthers in January 2016. Lynch (No. 24) can be seen standing on the sidelines during the anthem (about 3:40 of video). Lynch voiced support for Kaepernick while speaking to talk-show host Conan O'Brien a year ago, and Saturday's sit-down came right after racially-motivated protests and violence recently took place in Charlottesville, Va.
"With what's going on, I'd rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up and get murdered", Lynch told ESPN a year ago.
"My take on it is, (stuff), it got to start somewhere and if that was the starting point, I just hope people open up their eyes and see that it's really a problem going on and something needs to be done for it to stop".
- Conspiracies for my ouster began over 3 years ago: Nawaz Sharif
- Steve Mounie bags brace on Huddersfield debut
- Eric and Donald Trump Jr roasted on Saturday Night Live
- Rose forgiven by Pochettino after apology over his blast at Spurs
- United States stocks close lower, ending Dow's 10-day winning streak
- Sebastian Gorka says Rex Tillerson discussing military options is 'nonsensical'
- FDA updates gastric balloon warning after 5 deaths
- McMaster Repeatedly Refuses to Say if He Can Work With Bannon
- Cardinals announce Rally Cat Appreciation Day
- Tom Cruise seen limping after 'Mission: Impossible 6' stunt goes wrong