Whilst the result will have pretty much zero impact on the final standings, the draw sees the Saints occupy eighth, with the game at St. Mary's being the only goalless match-up since the Premier League returned.
Southampton's boss Mauricio Pellegrino has stated after a disappointing draw against Swansea City, that the fans are suffering the most when the biggest stars of the teams are ineligible for the matches.
Swansea boss Paul Clement said: "It was a hard afternoon, they had a massive amount of chances, set-play after set-play and we suffered at times".
However Southampton's shambolic finishing will be the headline grabber, with Maya Yoshida, Manolo Gabbiadini, Charlie Austin and Dusan Tadic all having multiple opportunities to break the deadlock. Clement has already added exciting young striker Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea and bought midfielder Roque Mesa as well, but needs more additions to ensure safety again.
"What would be a better situation would be if the transfer window closed before the start of the season". He only lacked his shooting boots for what would've otherwise been an impressive performance leading the line.
"I don't really understand why it goes to the end of August".
However, incredibly, BBC Sport also reports that Pellegrino's men put just two of those attempts on target - and that appears to be the main reason why Tadic has been criticised following the game.
Mauricio Pellegrino has vowed Southampton will find their scoring boots to end their goal drought and kick-start their Premier League campaign. The last-gasp defending was good but we didn't use the ball well enough further up the pitch. "We couldn't, because football is like this - sometimes with a couple of chances you can score, but today we couldn't". The player is clear with his position but we have to keep going because I can't control the thinking of the player at this moment'.
"As a manager, you can work on the way to create chances, on the way to control the game, but to have the courage to score goals is something that is hard". Every game we play we have to try to get points on the board and look to play better.
"I think we did a nice game".
- Man City boss Guardiola happy overcoming 'enthusiastic' Brighton
- McMaster Repeatedly Refuses to Say if He Can Work With Bannon
- Ronaldo rested and ready for Barca in Spanish Super Cup
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program
- Moussa Sissoko Plays - Tottenham Hotspur Team vs Newcastle United Confirmed
- Gorakhpur : 48 hours 30 lives lost in Baba Raghav Das Medical College
- Sunderland house destroyed in explosion that 'sounded like bomb'
- Stocks drift lower on Wall Street
- Marshawn Lynch Sits During National Anthem at Raiders Preseason Game
- Stroud 1 stroke off lead at PGA Championship