It'd been previously rumoured that there'd be "joint exploration" coming to the game naturally this led to the assumption that multiplayer would be fully-incorporated into the No Man's Sky experience.
The game at its launch had over 200,000 players logged in playing the game. Of the most import to note are the story content, joint exploration, and terrain editing. The mysterious Atlas Path story has also been improved. Not to mention a new alien race. Glitches are causing ancient portals to activate. After Waking Titan, Atlas Rises. The new update will double the lore and interactions of the existing game and allow players to discover the truth behind the Abandoned Building logs, the World of Glass, the Sentinels, the Redemption of the Gek, and the meaning of sixteen... If you have the terraforming add-on, you can shoot at the ground using your multi tool and add or destroy terrain.
Other big changes include added variety to planetary biomes, an overhauled user interface, and visual improvements. There will also be new flight options, including low altitude flight options and new weapons. It works "anywhere on any planet", and lets you choose from various materials, shapes and sizes.
New maintenance interactions have been introduced for all harvesting equipment, bringing more depth to farming, mining, and harvesting. Instead, they will be represented by glowing orbs.
Visualized by unusual floating orbs, up to 16 players can see and communicate with one another, and explore the universe together.
This morning, a list of upcoming changes popped up, including mention of "joint exploration". So at least this is something it's working towards. That promise looks like it's finally being met with this latest update, Atlas Rises.
As well as a basic form of multiplayer, which will enable up to 16 players in close proximity to each other to voice chat. Now, thanks to portals making traveling cross-galactic, players can be joined with small blue orbs of others to explore and play the game.
We're also seeing the beginning stages of a multiplayer system being put into place with Atlas Rising. Read Hello Games' full patch notes for all the details. Is No Man's Sky actually what one might call a video game now, or is it still a unusual space sandbox with nothing of effect to do?
- Patients Treated for Chemical Release at Hospital Emergency Room
- Boy dies in auto park collision at Ibis Hotel in Salford
- I was groped by DJ, superstar Swift tells court
- Venezuela court removes fifth opposition mayor
- Vigil held for western Missouri police officer gunned down during traffic stop
- New Apple iPhone 8 Video Reveals Expected Colour Options
- Dozens of migrants disembark on Spanish beach in front of shocked tourists
- Anger erupts in Odinga bastions after Kenya poll result
- Global stocks slide as US-North Korea nuclear tensions rise
- CNN severs ties with commentator over Nazi salute tweet