Some of the current Overwatch maps have been modified to fit the gameplay of deathmatch. If a player is resurrected before their respawn, perhaps by the hand of a friendly Mercy, the point earned by the enemy team for their death is deducted, as though it never happened. Games like COD require 75 or 100 kills in order to win a game of Team Deathmatch and they're played on maps that are much smaller than that of Overwatch.
While the Overwatch Deathmode will be launching on the live servers soon, you can try out the new mode now on the PTR. I'm glad Deathmatch is finally here because sometimes you just want to go around shooting other players and not having to worry about objectives or sticking close to teammates. In addition, Blizzard has created variants of existing maps to better support deathmatch games. Are you excited to hear that Overwatch is getting a deathmatch mode? You can find the full patch notes for the current PTR, as well as instructions on how to access it, in this post on the official Overwatch blog.
Although Team Deathmatch is a simple, straightforward game mode, you should adjust your team compositions accordingly.
Blizzard has introduced Deathmatch modes to the Public Test Region of Overwatch, the massively popular multiplayer shooter that previously only focused on team-based mechanics.
If you're in the top four in each match, you'll get win credit toward your loot boxes.
Both Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch will be playable on Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries, Dorado, Eichenwalde, Hollywood, and King's Row.
Fans can also look forward to a brand-new map specifically for Deathmatch, Chateau Guillard, which looks set to launch with the new gamemodes.
What do you think about deathmatch in Overwatch?
- Hackers failed to enter Kenya's voting database, election official says
- Lawsuit Filed In Trump Directive To Ban Transgenders From Military
- The insane climate records from 2016 you haven't heard much about
- Best of WWE RAW
- Look out for the Perseid Meteor Shower
- TN: Both AIADMK factions to merge after OPS, EPS meet with PM
- SoftBank invests $2.5 billion in Flipkart
- Snapchat video shows babysitters putting 7-month-old in fridge
- Google Cancels 'Town Hall' on Diversity at Last Minute
- Suspension would cost Elliott Cardinals game