And if you're still finalizing where you'll be for the solar eclipse (don't worry, you still have 10 days), you may want to check out Smart Meetings' list of eight sites along its path. Among the options: viewing parties at the St. Louis Children's Museum and Gateway Arch and a free event at Jefferson Barracks Park.
He says, "It's so unsafe for people to look at the sun even for brief periods of time, because you can cause permanent damage to the retina". Coverage will be featured during the live four-hour broadcast Eclipse Across America: Through the Eyes of NASA.
The path goes just south of the IN border, which means Fort Wayne will experience a partial solar eclipse with about 85 percent of the sun blocked, Science Central Executive Director Martin S. Fisher said IN a news release. Pointing an iPhone at the sun - even during the eclipse - won't damage its camera sensor or lens, the company says. Normal sunglasses don't provide enough protection. In addition to making sure that eclipse shades or handheld viewers meet the ISO safety standard, they suggest making sure they're in good condition. A lot of people for the love of watching the coast-to-coast solar eclipse might find themselves purchasing them forgetting the danger they pose.
Astronomical society members will set up telescopes with protective solar filters and will have projectors available so people can see the eclipse up close, the news release said.
The American Astronomical Society has listed manufacturers of eclipse glasses on their site, which are verified to be compliant with the ISO 12312-2 global safety standard.
The AAS and NASA have posted a list of reputable solar filter brands, retail distributors and online dealers.
Stand still and cover your eyes with your eclipse glasses or solar viewer before looking up at the bright sun. Using a tripod can help you stabilize the camera and avoid taking blurry images during the low lighting.
- Man City boss Guardiola happy overcoming 'enthusiastic' Brighton
- Kylie Jenner's Family 'Loves' New BF Travis Scott
- Stocks drift lower on Wall Street
- Stroud 1 stroke off lead at PGA Championship
- Venezuela could become a risk to US: CIA director
- Mauricio Pellegrino sees positives from Southampton's draw with Swansea
- Britain sets out details of relationship with European Union after Brexit
- Gorakhpur : 48 hours 30 lives lost in Baba Raghav Das Medical College
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program