A member of the Busch Stadium grounds crew removes a cat that had run onto the field during the sixth inning of a baseball game between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Kansas City Royals on August 9, 2017, in St. Louis.
During Wednesday night's game, the Cardinals were trailing 5-4 in the bottom of the sixth when a cat suddenly darted onto the field.
Over at Busch Stadium on Thursday, the Kansas City Royals and the St. Louis Cardinals will be finishing up their Major League Baseball series.
Play continued and Molina crushed the next pitch he saw for a grand slam, putting his squad up 8-5 - the final score of the game.
Less than 24 hours after the exciting win, the Cardinals released a statement regarding the matter, with the woman who claimed to own the cat having lost track of the animal in City Garden.
Cardinals fans have already taken to Twitter, calling the kitten #Rallycat.
The feisty cat, however, may have unintentionally sparked a St. Louis rally when it sprinted onto the field with the bases loaded and two outs in the sixth inning. "I looked at Lorenzo Cain, he was like laughing at me, all the players were laughing at me". Before touching first, Molina jumped in the air and pumped his right fist to celebrate.
The Cardinals have had their way with Kansas City in the first two games of this series in KC.
Trevor Rosenthal pitched the ninth to garner his ninth save. Whit Merrifield had four hits and Melky Cabrera homered and drove in three runs. Merrifield's four hits tied his career high. In 2011, a squirrel caused a big distraction during an NLDS game between the Cardinals and Phillies, running across home plate during Philadelphia pitcher Roy Oswalt's delivery before jumping into the stands.
The final game of the series is set for Thursday night in St. Louis.
- Mayweather Outlines McGregor Game Plan and Why He Owes The Fans
- LEGO gets new CEO for second time in 8 months
- Great weather ahead for the Indiana State Fair
- Lurid Harassment Story Triggers Suit by Fox News Host
- Scaramucci to appear on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' next Monday
- Benitez admits he has grown frustrated with the transfer business
- PM announces state funeral for Dr. Ruth Pfau
- Powerball jackpot continues to rise
- Valve Just Announced A New Game
- Consumer Reports pulls recommendation for Microsoft Surface laptops