There will be no "MSN" for Barca, though, with this their first competitive match since the departure of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record fee of €222m.
For the first time in five years the El Clasico rivals face off in the curtain-raising fixture, with both aiming to claim first blood ahead of what should be another entertaining season.
Any potential signing at the Camp Nou probably won't arrive until after the Spanish Super Cup double header against Los Blancos over the next few days, but Zidane has suggested Barca will find it rather hard to replace Neymar.
With Neymar leaving, the right wing is still left vacant for a player to fill the void that the Brazilan super star has made. He missed his club's preseason tour, including a friendly against Barcelona in Miami that the Catalan club won 3-2. "You can change a player, as I said Neymar is a player and you can't find someone like him, but the ones who play will do it fine and that's it", added the former French worldwide.
Ronaldo practicing with team mates today
Zidane said striker Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to play on Sunday at the Camp Nou, despite having only had a short summer break after playing for Portugal in the Confederations Cup. 'The best way is to look forwards, not backwards'. The other option, perhaps, is Paco Alcacer. Despite banking £198m for the Brazilian, Barca's quest to finding a replacement has so far been unsuccessful with bids for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele of Borussia Dortmund rejected.
"A contract could be 10 years, or 20, but I know where I am and what I must do".
Pique, however, insists that he always knew what he was doing, explaining that his post was just a last-ditch maneuver to get the 25-year-old to stay. "It was the final shot", said the center-back on Saturday. "I'm lucky enough to have this extraordinary squad and I am very happy with it".
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program
- Stroud 1 stroke off lead at PGA Championship
- Marshawn Lynch Sits During National Anthem at Raiders Preseason Game
- Cardinals announce Rally Cat Appreciation Day
- Lavrov: Russia to protect itself in 'sanctions war'
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Stocks drift lower on Wall Street
- Japan deploys missile defence over N Korea threat to Guam
- Moussa Sissoko Plays - Tottenham Hotspur Team vs Newcastle United Confirmed
- Man City boss Guardiola happy overcoming 'enthusiastic' Brighton