There will be no "MSN" for Barca, though, with this their first competitive match since the departure of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record fee of €222m.
For the first time in five years the El Clasico rivals face off in the curtain-raising fixture, with both aiming to claim first blood ahead of what should be another entertaining season.
Any potential signing at the Camp Nou probably won't arrive until after the Spanish Super Cup double header against Los Blancos over the next few days, but Zidane has suggested Barca will find it rather hard to replace Neymar.
With Neymar leaving, the right wing is still left vacant for a player to fill the void that the Brazilan super star has made. He missed his club's preseason tour, including a friendly against Barcelona in Miami that the Catalan club won 3-2. "You can change a player, as I said Neymar is a player and you can't find someone like him, but the ones who play will do it fine and that's it", added the former French worldwide.
Zidane said striker Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to play on Sunday at the Camp Nou, despite having only had a short summer break after playing for Portugal in the Confederations Cup. 'The best way is to look forwards, not backwards'. The other option, perhaps, is Paco Alcacer. Despite banking £198m for the Brazilian, Barca's quest to finding a replacement has so far been unsuccessful with bids for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele of Borussia Dortmund rejected.
"A contract could be 10 years, or 20, but I know where I am and what I must do".
Pique, however, insists that he always knew what he was doing, explaining that his post was just a last-ditch maneuver to get the 25-year-old to stay. "It was the final shot", said the center-back on Saturday. "I'm lucky enough to have this extraordinary squad and I am very happy with it".
- Tom Cruise seen limping after 'Mission: Impossible 6' stunt goes wrong
- Lavrov: Russia to protect itself in 'sanctions war'
- Venezuela could become a risk to US: CIA director
- Marshawn Lynch Sits During National Anthem at Raiders Preseason Game
- Stroud 1 stroke off lead at PGA Championship
- Sunderland house destroyed in explosion that 'sounded like bomb'
- Iran's Parliament Increases Spending On Missile Program
- Kylie Jenner's Family 'Loves' New BF Travis Scott
- Stocks drift lower on Wall Street
- Welcome boost from China to global pressure on North Korea