Antonio Conte singled out his prized acquisition after the 3-2 loss for showing exactly why the club spent £58 million on him to replace Diego Costa.
It left the Italian manager concerned by the inability of his players to control their emotions when a team-mate was dismissed. "But our first half, we kept losing our heads".
"The club is trying to do the best", Conte said. I am not anxious, I am ready to fight with these players.
Chelsea did try to pull it back in the second half, with two goals. "In the second half, my players showed great will to try to change the result".
"I thought we were strong early in the game, while it was 11 v 11". Today we had three injured players missing and one missing for a ban. "We'll find the right solution".
"But for sure he played very well in the last 30 minutes, which is good news for us".
Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas reacts after getting a red card during their opening English Premier League match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge.
But Conte has made no secret of his desire to recruit more players to strengthen his first team for a season that sees the addition of Champions League matches to their fixture list. Still, Morata's debut should make us hope that his fitness and adaptation is deemed good enough for a start on Sunday against Spurs.
"They're a top-class side, with some fantastic individuals, 3-0 down is not normal for them so they had to respond, which they did".
"There are a lot of big games coming so it's important that we remind ourselves of that". We lost our heads too easily and we need to reflect on this situation.
"In the last three official games we have finished with nine or 10 men. That is something that we've got to continue to work on". "After the red card we lost our heads, conceded two goals and then it's very hard to change the final result".
Download the Nigeria Today app from Play store.
This post was syndicated from Vanguard News.
Do you ever have any question about anything you wish to ask and get answer?
Hello. Add your message here.
- Britain sets out details of relationship with European Union after Brexit
- Japan deploys missile defence over N Korea threat to Guam
- Lavrov: Russia to protect itself in 'sanctions war'
- US President says decision on Afghanistan strategy very close
- Drunk American punched for making 'Nazi salute' in German bar
- Proper eye protection needed for viewing the eclipse
- Tropical depression forms east of Bahamas
- Man City boss Guardiola happy overcoming 'enthusiastic' Brighton
- Former Regina Pats head coach Bryan Murray passes away at 74
- Google Fire Software Engineer Over Offensive Memo