But Leicester pulled one back through Shinji Okazaki who scored for the Foxes by outjumping Granit Xhaka to head home Harry Maguire's cutback header for the Foxes' first goal of the season.
"I opened the door for him [Giroud] at some stage as I had many strikers and it's important for him to play but I don't want him to go", said Wenger.
The event which got people talking was undoubtably the goal scored by Gunners' new recruit Alexandre Lacazette who managed to find the net during his top flight debut in under two minutes, which installed great promise for the upcoming season.
ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger insists match-winner Olivier Giroud will stay at the club this season. The gunners this summer could gain for their country of about 50 million euros, but for the sake of returning to the Champions League refused to sell the player and risk losing him for free.
"Lacazette is getting stronger in every game and tonight he put in a very convincing performance". "So overall I think he adapts slowly to the way we want to play and is a collective player and an intelligent player as well".
He also boasted the highest chance conversion rate in Europe's top five leagues last season (38.9 per cent), scoring 37 goals in 45 games as Lyon secured a fourth-place finish in Ligue 1 and reached the Europa League semi-finals. "He's an intelligent player".
Leicester would not be disheartened though and Vardy struck again in the 56th minute from a Riyad Mahrez corner. First came in Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud in the 67th minute. He'll have an opportunity to shine with the likes of Mesut Ozil feeding him.
The competition for forward roles in the starting XI is at its hottest for several years.
"Goalscoring record is not necessarily transferable from the French League to the English league, that's for sure", said Wenger.
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- A bot just defeated one of the world's best video gamers
- Tannehill reportedly to have season-ending surgery
- FDA updates gastric balloon warning after 5 deaths
- US, Jamaica qualify for 4x100 final; Felix eyes record medal
- United States stocks close lower, ending Dow's 10-day winning streak
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha Box Office Collection Day 1 & 2 (First Weekend)
- 'Mad Dog' Mattis to Kim Jong-Un: We win, you lose
- It's hard to replace Lukaku, Everton Boss Koeman says
- Probe hots up on Trump links with Russian Federation