A house has been destroyed after an explosion in Sunderland.
A woman pulled from the rubble of her home after a gas blast survived because a fridge fell on her, her sister has said.
Ms Judson added that Ms Shepherd was able to talk in the ambulance as she was being taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where she was treated.
They were called to Rosslyn Avenue in the Ryhope area of the city just after 9am.
Supt Steve Hartley, from Northumbria Police, said: "Thankfully she was OK and taken to a local hospital".
Emergency crews raced to the scene at around 8.50am after the blast left debris strewn across the road.
Tracey Pounder, 51, said she heard an "almighty bang".
Northumbria Police said the blast was caused by a gas explosion.
NHS Head Chef Jacqueline, who lives around the corner from Susan, said: "I was walking up the stairs and I said to my daughter have you dropped my iPad?"
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed the 2 storey semi-detached building has collapsed following the explosion.
'Half of the semi has gone and next door is wrecked.
Gas engineers were also there, along with search specialists with dogs to make sure there were no other casualties trapped. I came down to see what was happening and it is a complete shock'.
Sean Hughes, 40, heard the explosion more than a mile away.
- Eric and Donald Trump Jr roasted on Saturday Night Live
- Trump to request possible probe of China trade practices
- Sebastian Gorka says Rex Tillerson discussing military options is 'nonsensical'
- United States stocks close lower, ending Dow's 10-day winning streak
- Action again North Korea's ballistic missiles a hard call for US
- Guardiola forecasts end to City spending spree
- Steve Mounie bags brace on Huddersfield debut
- It's hard to replace Lukaku, Everton Boss Koeman says
- Hong Kong enhances checks on eggs from Europe
- FDA updates gastric balloon warning after 5 deaths