Last week ESPN.com's Nick Friedell mentioned that D-Wade could request a buyout from the Chicago Bulls and that "nobody would be surprised if he decided not to stick around for a season in the tank and instead chooses to reach a buyout agreement at some point in the next few months".
Either way, it looks as thought Dwyane Wade's days in his hometown of Chicago are over.
Wade still owns a multi-million dollar mansion in Miami, a property that he chose not to sell despite his move to play for the Bulls.
Friedell says those players didn't appreciate Wade questioning their desire to win when Wade himself was not walking his talk, particularly as he sat out practices.
Before Wade rejoins the Heat or his buddy LeBron, however, he first needs to get bought out by the Bulls.
Wherever he lands, it will mark the end of a homecoming that neither Wade nor the Bulls expected to end this way.
And given the fact that Wade's contract will be expiring after the 2017-18 season, he could make for a quality piece to use in trades down the line.
"Obviously this is something that D-Wade helped build", Whiteside added, "so obviously this city and us as a team being able to have somebody like that on our team would be fantastic".
Wade's a premier baseline cutter, something Harris, who was the first player in Denver to realize how to capitalize off of Jokic's vision and basketball IQ, developed into last season. They could start all three of them. Wade may consider coming off the bench in a Manu Ginobili-type role, but that seems like a longshot.
The Nuggets offense is so that if they were to incorporate a high-touch player like Wade, they'd need him to be someone who can fit seamlessly into their flow.
That was before the Bulls traded All-Star guard Jimmy Butler to the Timberwolves, and now Wade apparently wants out. There would actually be less of an adjustment than if he were to re-sign with the Heat, since he knows already how to play with LeBron.
Michael Malone, the coach Wade took a liking to after his free-agent meeting with the Nuggets in 2016, is still drawing up the X's and O's.
- Cap Cod Beach On Alert After Great White Shark Bites Paddleboard
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Gives Look at Desert Map
- Oil holds steady as OPEC meets to talk slipping compliance
- Top ten highest earning actors in the world released [See list]
- XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS Reboot Shelved by NBC
- Raiden and Hellboy coming to Injustice 2
- Di Maria social media announcement a hack - Barcelona
- 42 hurt in crash involving 2 SEPTA trains near Philly
- Elon Musk reveals 1st photo of SpaceX spacesuit
- Bonnie Tyler Just Sang 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' During The Eclipse