Jab Harry Met Sejal's collections stand at 60 crores at the end of its first week and Akshay Kumar's Toilet: Ek Prem Katha was seen as the film which could salvage Bollywood's box fortunes from going down the drain. The occupancy in the theaters on the first day for the film has recorded 70 percent which is considered as the good start. Today, the sizzling Hollywood star Salma Hayek, gave her best wishes to Akshay Kumar for his latest release "Toilet: Ek Prem Katha".
Toilet- Ek Prem Katha has released over 3000 screens in India and 590 total screens overseas. Shah Rukh Khan's Jab Harry Met Sejal fell below expectations last week when it failed to show growth on its second day and instead witnessed a drop in collections. Toilet: Ek Prem Katha has collected Rs 11.50 crore (115 Million) net approx day one. The film grossed Rs. 13.10 cr.Crores on its opening day which is decent enough for this kind of film.
With this we can expect "Toilet - Ek Prem Katha" to mint good money at the box office.
Until now, Singh Is Bliing remains as Akshay's biggest opener at Rs 20.67 crore followed by Housefull 3 (Rs 15.20 crore), Rowdy Rathore (Rs 15.10 crore) and Brothers (Rs15.02 crore). India business. Saturday and Sunday look better. In a report in Variety, Akshay Kumar is called as "Bollywood's banker". "Toilet Ek Prem Katha" picked up pace with time and is expected to earn huge amount during the weekend which also happens to be extended with Independence Day on Tuesday. It features the story of Keshav (Akshay Kumar) and his wife Jaya (Bhumi Pednekar), set in two villages near Mathura.
- World's oldest man, Holocaust survivor Yisrael Kristal dies at age 113
- A bot just defeated one of the world's best video gamers
- Guam a pawn in US-North Korea confrontations - academic
- At Least 31 Dead, Scores Hurt as Trains Collide in Alexandria, Egypt
- Probe hots up on Trump links with Russian Federation
- Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally
- Everton boss Koeman admits seeking Lukaku replacement
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Families allege discrepancy in treatment
- No Man's Sky's new update adds new story, fancy graphics and multiplayer
- 'Mad Dog' Mattis to Kim Jong-Un: We win, you lose