McCarthy was taken to a Kansas City area hospital for treatment and then was taken into custody at the Henry County jail.
Ian McCarthy, 39, is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in Michael's death.
Bill Lowe says the rifle was found Thursday in a creek about two miles north of Clinton, where Officer Gary Michael was shot and killed Sunday night.
McCarthy was convicted of stabbing Michael Pawlick, 23 at the time, during a fight involving at least seven young men at Maple and Auburn streets in Manchester during 2001, police said. They say there were three weapons upstairs and a gun safe downstairs.
Noble told police he threw the rifle into a body of water, and on Thursday led investigators to the site, according to an affidavit filed in Henry County Circuit Court. Police say Noble acted like he was visibly upset and faked crying.
Noble initially told two officers who visited his home on Thursday that he bought the rifle and sold it to McCarthy.
The affidavit does not say what type of weapon it is or when he bought it. Noble then "stared" at the officer for about a minute, "blankly", before the officer asked again and he said that he knew where the weapon was.
Michael returned the gunfire, wounding McCarthy. As police were leaving, they say they asked Noble if he knew where the weapon was now located.
McCarthy fled after he allegedly shot the officer during at a traffic stop in Clinton.
They say Noble told them he arrived home on Monday, Aug. 7th, at about 2:00 a.m., and found the rifle leaning against the inside doorway of his house.
Manchester Police confirmed earlier this week that a warrant was issued here for McCarthy in 2013 for assault. He then went with officers to the intersection of NW 300th Road and NW 131st Road. It was the first time Officer Michael's family had seen McCarthy. A news release says others may be implicated in the case as the investigation continues.
- New Apple iPhone 8 Video Reveals Expected Colour Options
- Florida daycare driver arrested for manslaughter over boy's death
- Google Cancels 'Town Hall' on Diversity at Last Minute
- Boy dies in auto park collision at Ibis Hotel in Salford
- CNN severs ties with commentator over Nazi salute tweet
- US Stocks Slip as North Korea Tensions Persist
- Suspension would cost Elliott Cardinals game
- Overwatch Is Adding Deathmatch to its Selection of Game Modes
- Bills Trade Sammy Watkins to Rams, Acquire Jordan Matthews From Eagles
- Video Captured on Officer's Eyeglasses Helps Convict Man Who Shot Him