Kristal, a resident of the coastal city of Haifa, was given a certificate by Guinness World Records past year, acknowledging his status as the oldest known man living.
He is survived by two children, as well as grandchildren and great-grandchildren, Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.
Born on September 15, 1903, in the town of Zarnow, Poland, Kristal moved to Lodz in 1920 to work in his family's candy business.
Kristal moved to a ghetto with his wife and two children, who died there.
Kristal survived the war _ the only survivor of his large Jewish family. He weighed more than 37 pounds, according to Guinness, when the Allies liberated the camps.
After World War I, he moved to Lodz where he worked in the family confectionery shop, married and had two children. There, he opened another sweet shop and continued to run the business up until his retirement.
Last year, when he turned 113, about 100 family members celebrated his bar mitzvah, a century after he missed it due to the upheavals of World War I. Yisrael Krista died when he was just one month shy of his 114th birthday.
Kristal's daughter, Shula Kopershtouk, told CBC News at the time: "My father told my son not to take his bar mitzvah for granted, saying that not everyone was lucky enough to have one".
Yisrael Kristal, an Israeli-Polish holocaust survivor holding the record of oldest living man died Friday, according to Israeli media reports.
Oren Kristal said his grandfather gave no explanation as to the secret behind his incredible longevity.
"I believe that everything is determined from above and we shall never know the reasons why", Kristal said.
- Anger erupts in Odinga bastions after Kenya poll result
- Everton boss Koeman admits seeking Lukaku replacement
- I was groped by DJ, superstar Swift tells court
- At Least 31 Dead, Scores Hurt as Trains Collide in Alexandria, Egypt
- BC government joins legal challenges against Trans Mountain oil pipeline
- Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally
- No Man's Sky's new update adds new story, fancy graphics and multiplayer
- Patients Treated for Chemical Release at Hospital Emergency Room
- Trump's White House Brings Chaos to Black Journalists Conference
- Guam a pawn in US-North Korea confrontations - academic