Lewis, of course, doesn't have the final say when it comes to team personnel decisions, but coming from a man who's managed to somehow hold on to his job despite zero playoff wins since taking over as head coach of Cincinnati way back in 2003, that speaks volumes.
Cincinnati have now gone eight full quarters to start the season without scoring a touchdown at Paul Brown Stadium. Green was publicly vocal in expressing his distaste for the team's start to the season and suggested in part that he needs to get the ball more. Bill Lazor has great experience in the league and as a coordinator, and I feel Bill can progress our offense the way we need.
Not only did the Bengals lose their opener Sunday, they were blown out at home by the division rival Ravens, losing 20-0 with quarterback Andy Dalton turning in one of his worst performances as a pro (four interceptions and a lost fumble).
Through two games, the 29-year-old pass catcher has produced only 10 receptions on 18 targets for 141 yards. "You have to find a way to get me the ball and we are not doing that right now".
Last season under Zampese, the Bengals struggled to establish a consistent rushing attack and protect Andy Dalton, who passed for 4,200 yards despite being sacked 41 times.
Former Georgia WR A.J. Green, one of the biggest stars of the Cincinnati offense, has been held to only 10 catches for 141 yards so far, and he's exhausted of not having the ball in his hands. As the leader of the offense, you should be like that. He commented, "This offense doesn't go without us (wide receivers), we have to be involved more early".
He wants the ball, and if he gets it, we know what he'll do because he's shown us.
If this offense doesn't improve, Dalton and Lewis might be joining Zampese.
- Pep: City man 'one of the best players I've ever seen'
- Independence Cup will pave way for profitable int'l series in future: Sethi
- California lawmakers approve 'sanctuary state' bill
- Violence against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar must stop
- Simran movie review: Kangana shines through an average, mildly-flawed film
- Heather Locklear Hospitalized With Minor Injuries After Car Crash
- Hurricane Irma: Trump heads to Florida to see damage
- Iraq's Kurdish leader vows to conduct independence referendum
- Trump tweets about ' sick and demented loser terrorist'
- United States urges China to use oil leverage on N/Korea