Lousiana police are investigating the death of Maxwell Raymond Gruver, an 18-year-old student at LSU, as a possible fraternity hazing incident.
THC is tetrahyrdrocannabibol, a chemical found in marijuana.
A house mom lives at the fraternity, according to CNN, but it is not known if she was present around the time of the teen's death.
A toxicology screen showed no drugs or alcohol in Karki's system, and his cause of death was ruled as "arrhythmia, likely exercise induced", KATC reported. "It will not be tolerated at LSU".
"We're committed to investigating this situation thoroughly", said Bob Biggs, the chief executive at Phi Delta Theta.
"As we have continuously warned over and over again - hazing is unsafe, irresponsible, and unacceptable and it will not be tolerated at LSU, period", said university president F King Alexander at a press conference on Thursday.
The national office of Phi Delta Theta announced on Thursday evening that it had suspended the university's chapter, adding that its officials had been working with the authorities in Louisiana. "As we continuously warned over and over again hazing is risky, irresponsible and unacceptable and will not be tolerated at LSU period", Alexander said.
"The death of Maxwell Gruver was tragic and untimely", Alexander said.
"LSU officials are aware of an incident that occurred last night involving a fraternity", LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard told The Advocate. It was founded on campus in 1938, according to LSU's Division of Student Affairs. "Our deepest sympathies and prayers go to his family and his friends".
The suspension of LSU's Greek activities comes as campuses nationwide are taking a tough stance on alcohol abuse and hazing following high-profile incidents like the alcohol-related hazing death of Tim Piazza, 19, at Penn State's now-closed Beta Theta Pi house.
- NASA's groundbreaking Cassini space craft dead after 20 years exploring Saturn
- Minnesota Vikings: Sam Bradford clearly in charge of offense
- Watch Jennifer Garner sob about Hamilton while on laughing gas
- Iranian Official: UN Nuclear Agency Has No Right to Inspect Military Sites
- Sen. Scott talks race relations with the president
- Lawyer disappointed Shkreli's bail was revoked
- Presidency: People of Kurdistan, Kirkuk reject Iraqi Parliament's 'unconstitutional' decision
- 25 students & teachers killed in Malaysian religious school fire
- Confident Pakistan aim to wrap up Independence Cup today
- Spokane area school shooting: What we know