He died of complications from heart surgery in New Jersey, according to reports from The Blast and TMZ. While you may remember him from many different characters he's portrayed, two of his most recognizable are Billy Batts in "Goodfellas" and Phil Leotardo in HBO's hit series, "The Sopranos".
Frank Vincent, whose tough-guy looks brought him steady work as a character actor in film and television for four decades, including mobster roles on "The Sopranos" and in "Goodfellas", died on Wednesday in a New Jersey hospital.
Vincent's family released the following statement through a publicist (via Deadline): "Frank lived life on his terms, creating a dynamic and successful path in every endeavor he chose". The 78-year-old had to have the surgery because he suffered a heart attack last week. What are some of your favorite memories of him on TV or in movies? He was spotted by Scorsese and cast in "Raging Bull" after making his film debut in the 1976 movie "The Death Collector", which featured another Scorsese regular, Joe Pesci.
Another film in which Vincent was expected to play a role was "Sarah Q", directed and co-written by Vincent's friend John Gallagher.
Unfortunately, Frank Vincent passed away Wednesday at the age of 80.
On HBO's The Sopranos, Leotardo often butted heads with James Gandolfini's Tony Soprano as he eventually rose to become boss of the Lupertazzi crime family. Longtime friends, Vincent and Gallagher started working together back on 1990's "Street Hunter".
Vincent was also known for his roles in Raging Bull, Casino and Do the Right Thing.
- Paul Pogba likely to be sidelined with hamstring injury
- Crystal Palace set new record for worst-ever top-flight start
- AJ Green says he needs the football more often
- Shocked residents return to Irma-ravaged Florida Keys
- California lawmakers approve 'sanctuary state' bill
- Man tries to attack soldier in Paris
- Joining 100 club shows Kane already one of the best, says Pochettino
- GGG vs. Canelo: Preview And Prediction
- Nikki Haley to North Korea: 'No problem' letting Mattis deal with you
- Trump tweets about ' sick and demented loser terrorist'