Most people don't think this will go the distance as both fighters are skilled ringmasters and have the ability to deliver knockout blows when the opportunity presents itself. In boxing every day is hard and risky. "I think we have an opportunity to bring back those glory days, to bring back the business of boxing". There's plenty at stake going into Saturday's bout, the least of which isn't the crown for arguably the best active boxer on the planet. Everything's good. My family and my team support me. Backed by the sport's most die-hard fan base, the 27-year-old from Guadalajara has proven he is primed and ready to take the next step in his career by facing Golovkin. "I feel something happening when I get hit, but I don't feel power". We are going to give a great battle, Golovkin told BoxNation.
"We know that in fights, it takes two to tango". It is a fight you do not want to miss.
"I am very excited to be finally fighting in Las Vegas, but I am more excited that it is against Canelo. The energy will be off the charts", added GGG.
The highly anticipated title defense of Gennady Golovkin against Saul "Canelo" Alvarez for the unified World Boxing Association (WBA), World Boxing Council (WBC), and International Boxing Federation (IBF), Ring magazine, and linear middleweight championship belt is about to unfold on Saturday, Sept. 16.
Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will face off Saturday night in what's billed as the first "true" superfight since Floyd Mayweather defeated Conor McGregor in August. I learned a lot in that fight, added the Mexican boxing icon. A historic fight. The biggest fight maybe in the middleweight division, like that. In fact, Canelo vs. GGG might actually be the better boxing match.
Only the August 26 PPV that was headlined by Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is expected to outsell Saturday's PPV this year. While Canelo's size, resiliency and counter punches will make it challenging for Golovkin to find the finish, its GGG's sustained pressure and punching volume that damage Alvarez enough to lead to the stoppage, but not before Golovkin's chin is put to the ultimate test. But when money talks everybody listens.
- California lawmakers approve 'sanctuary state' bill
- Independence Cup will pave way for profitable int'l series in future: Sethi
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi to invest £8.9bn in electric and autonomous cars
- AJ Green says he needs the football more often
- Trump tweets about ' sick and demented loser terrorist'
- Man tries to attack soldier in Paris
- United States urges China to use oil leverage on N/Korea
- UEFA Europa League: Arsenal vs Cologne
- Paul Pogba likely to be sidelined with hamstring injury
- Pep: City man 'one of the best players I've ever seen'