Freshman quarterback Kellen Mond is expected to get his second career start, and while Sumlin typically doesn't discuss injuries, senior Jake Hubenak is expected to sit out Saturday's game with a nagging shoulder ailment. Maybe it was just ignorance, but I felt good during the summer seeing the things we were doing and the things they were doing. The school formerly known as Southwestern Louisiana is 1-63 all-time against current SEC members. "He said all week that we were going to beat them. There were some personnel changes in the fourth quarter (against Nicholls) that will help us down the road". The Ragin' Cajuns responded with two touchdown throws by Davis - an 8-yarder to Ryheem Malone before a 13-yard scoring pass to Barnes made it 21-14 with 11 seconds left in the half.
This can help build momentum for the Aggies as they enter SEC play next week. If not, the Aggies could face eight men in the box throughout when they square off with the Hogs. If ULL can limit big plays and maybe get a gift turnover or two, it will have a chance, though the Aggies haven't turned the ball over this year.
Regardless of who's playing quarterback or along the line, the Aggies will lean heavily on their running game, with sophomore Kendall Bussey perhaps earning a majority of the carries with the one-two punch of Trayveon Williams and Keith Ford dinged up from the Nicholls game. "If they had done that, run it right at us, we could not have stopped them".
"You know with Otaro being here longer than me".
Linebacker play is also showing improvement. It was unbelievably hot and humid and miserable, and we could tell they were getting exhausted.
Georgia coach Kirby Smart, who used to lead Alabama's defense, said he's seen success no matter where coordinators stood during games.
However, in the second half, the Aggies performed much better, running all over the Ragin' Cajuns to earn what eventually became a lopsided 45-21 victory. "Both guys need be developed and continue to develop and the only way to do that is practice them both and play them both". Four rushers have combined for 15 attempts at a -1.5 yards-per-rush average for A&M.
Those are the sorts of plays Kirk usually makes, so seeing him struggle when his team needs him the most is a disheartening sign.
- Day's hole-in-one overshadows fellow Aussie's blitz
- Crystal Palace set new record for worst-ever top-flight start
- California lawmakers approve 'sanctuary state' bill
- Players must think like winners - Guardiola
- Nike & NBA Unveil Brand New Team Jerseys & Warm-Up Jacket
- Nikki Haley to North Korea: 'No problem' letting Mattis deal with you
- Ernesto Valverde and Paulinho speak out after Getafe La Liga win
- McMaster says there is military option against N. Korea
- GGG vs. Canelo: Preview And Prediction
- Joining 100 club shows Kane already one of the best, says Pochettino