The Bills only mustered one first down in the opening 30 minutes of play and never crossed the 50-yard line. The Panthers had three sacks, two by Julius Peppers in his first home game since re-signing with them.
This comes as something of a shock, considering Olsen's injury appeared to happen on a non-contact play.
The Bills opened their season with a 12-21 win over the New York Jets while the Panthers posted a comfortable 23-3 win over the San Fransico 49ers.
The Panthers have outgained the Bills 193-39.
But after some anxious moments on the Bills' final drive, with the crowd chanting "Keep Pounding", Buffalo's Zay Jones dropped a very catchable ball inside the Panthers 5 on a 4th-and-11 from the Carolina 33 with 0:09 to go.
Peppers had plenty of help from a Carolina defense that allowed only one first down the entire first half and still has not given up a touchdown in 2017. Buffalo ended the game with less than 200 yards of total offense. He added just three yards rushing on six runs. He is the fourth active running back to achieve the feat, joining Darren Sproles, Matt Forte and Frank Gore.
Carolina (2-0) had a chance to put the game away before Gano's 20-yard field goal with 2:35 remaining.
Olsen left in the second quarter with a foot injury and did not return and the team later re-Tweeted a quote from Olsen saying he broke his foot. The Panthers star tight end is reportedly seeing a doctor Monday.
Bills OT Cordy Glenn injured his ankle and did not return. Dareus returned to the game while Glenn did not.
- Red Sox Fined Undisclosed Amount for Using Electronic Devices to Steal Signs
- PV Sindhu ousts Bingjiao, sets up summit clash with Okuhara
- Trump retweets altered GIF of him hitting golf ball at Clinton
- Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge start, Dejan Lovren rested
- Ryan Shazier Reportedly Fined $25000 for Hit on DeShone Kizer
- Mueller gets search warrant for inauthentic Facebook account
- The Best of 'The X Factor' - Week 3
- Improved Arsenal hold Chelsea to goalless draw
- Can the Packers Mike Daniels disrupt Falcons high-powered offense?
- Hamas Accepts Palestinian Authority's Demands to Form Unity Government