The ranking is South Africa's lowest since 2013 when Gordon Igesund was still mentoring the national team.
Federation Internationale de Football Association announced on Thursday a new and simplified format for the 2018 World Cup draw with the teams to be grouped by their place in the world ranking rather than their continent.
"We are happy that after our recent games against Egypt where we won one and lost the other we have improved in the Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings", Uganda interim coach Moses Basena told Xinhua.
The reigning World Cup champions rose one spot from last month's rankings while Brazil are now placed second.
However, Switzerland who rose to fourth its highest position since the first rankings 24 years ago in last month slipped to seventh spot in the ranking.
So what's this mean for the United States national team, should they recover from this month's adversity to qualify for an eighth straight World Cup?
Cameroon fell 10 places to no. 45 in the world and sixth in Africa.
Iran remain the top-ranked nation in Asia in 25th spot, with Japan at 40 and Korea Republic just behind the Caltex Socceroos at 51.
The former African champions rose from 96th to 78th following back-to-back victories over formidable Algeria in the World Cup qualifiers.
- Air Berlin Cancels 100 Flights After Pilots Call in Sick
- Florida Keys devastated by Irma, says governor
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Destiny 2 servers down for four hours today
- Visiting Florida, Trump Praises 'Incredible' First Responders, State Officials
- New Zealand MP Jian Yang denies being a Chinese spy
- States With the Highest and Lowest Uninsured Rates
- Junket tourism
- Man City were on brink of signing Alexis, claims Bravo
- Bungie Removes Destiny 2 Glove With 'Hate Symbol' On It