The goal is Atsu's first in the English Premier League after failing to score for loan clubs Everton and Bournemouth.
He adds that St James' Park will be a "tough" place to visit, and the atmosphere will be electrifying.
However, it is clear Benitez was happy with the win on his return to the dugout.
Asked how he felt when he looked at the table, he replied: "I haven't seen the table and I don't want to see the table, believe me".
"They can enjoy it, we have to enjoy it, but we have to be sure that the next training session, we start correcting things and improving things and doing things in the way we are doing things at the moment".
Star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is also out suspended for Newcastle. "We had enough chances to manage the game better".
"We have to keep working hard and we know what we have in the team and the squad".
However, it was Lascelles who rose highest to hand Newcastle all three points - via a big deflection off Kevin Wimmer - leaving Stoke on five points after five games.
"The fans, when you win so many games in a row, they are excited and thinking about Europe".
"But in the end, it wasn't to be".
- Nikki Haley to North Korea: 'No problem' letting Mattis deal with you
- Actor Harry Dean Stanton Dies After 6-Decade Career
- Slender Man stabbing case: Wisconsin teenager determines mentally ill by jury
- Nike & NBA Unveil Brand New Team Jerseys & Warm-Up Jacket
- Ernesto Valverde and Paulinho speak out after Getafe La Liga win
- Post Hurricane Irma-heat hurts Floridians without power
- Joining 100 club shows Kane already one of the best, says Pochettino
- Day's hole-in-one overshadows fellow Aussie's blitz
- Delhi woman arrested for slapping army officer
- May censures Trump for tweets on London terror attack