The older, original 3DS and 2DS models are too slow to run Minecraft, apparently. There are Survival and Creative modes.
During the recent Nintendo Direct, Nintendo revealed Minecraft for New 3DS systems, and announced that it will be available digitally beginning today, with a packaged version coming to retail stores at a later date. That stream is no longer available, and while Microsoft/Mojang is silent about this unexpected news, Nintendo does have a formal (if brief) announcement on its own website.
Owing to its port in the Nintendo New 3DS, "Minecraft" will utilize the handheld platforms dual-screen display and stylus touchscreen controls of the handheld gaming platform. During the Direct presentation, the company also confirmed that National Basketball Association 2K18, FIFA 18, Doom and Wolfenstein II are all set for launch on the Nintendo Switch console. Minecraft for 3DS will only be available for devices of the New Nintendo 3DS family and its world will be bigger than that of the Wii U version - 2016×2016 and 128 blocks high. Five Skin Packs are included, with the Mooshroom Tamer, Artisan, Red Boy, Santa Claus, and Tundra Tamer shown in the trailer.
- Gulf crisis continues as false media reports surface
- Korea falls 2 spots to 51st in Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings for September
- Eagles to work out kickers with Sturgis hurt
- San Diego begins sanitary street washing to combat hepatitis A outbreak
- States With the Highest and Lowest Uninsured Rates
- Destiny 2 servers down for four hours today
- 'The Voice' Baby on the Way! Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Expecting
- Rian Johnson likely won't return for Star Wars: Episode IX
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Florida Keys devastated by Irma, says governor